Monday, February 27, 2017

More buildings! Getting faster.

These last couple weeks I have been working on remapping/texturing a couple buildings. The first I actually created from scratch and it came out pretty good!
I did simplify it from the reference I had and removed some details to make it less churchy... Here was the reference:
Pretty close right? I may or may not add more details later but for now a pretty good building for our scene.

Next I reworked another model that just looked very drab and did not work well with normal maps or other maps for that matter. Just a too much on one map situation. Here is a picture of the rework:
It is interesting untangling someone's UV work. I am pretty sure most uv maps should be user friendly for others. I have learned how to lay out some really easy to use maps with Quixel's pipeline. So both myself and the program know where to place stuff a lot better!

Finally I am still working on that wolf model... we settled on a shape/model but are working with a new fur shader in unity so progress is slow while we see how that works exactly. Hopefully it will look awesome if not it is back to the ol drawing board.

All told a busy couple weeks. I also managed to finish the programming unity course I was working on and started work on a game but not much to say other than it is a kind of RTS type game. See you again in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment