Saturday, February 21, 2015

Alright, little late again this week but been working on animation mainly. Sorry for the quality of the video I will post but it gets the basic point across which is a preview of a string of animations. If all works well we can use these to have the creature basically play a portion of it when doing some action such as walking or attacking.

As you can see I have refined this character a bit from the previous version. Fur looks a lot smoother, some more details on the face, normal map with some minor sculpting applied.

Here are the animations . It has been awhile since I have animated, so lets consider these rough animations for now. However, I also feel I will never be fully satisfied with the result at this time. I suppose more confidence would come with more practice! Taking a character from a simple sketch to a full on animating character is definitely a time consuming process. Still, it is definitely a good way to pick up a lot of skills quickly, or brush up on some things one may be rusty on.

Other projects still in the works, got some 2D animation coming up, hopefully I can get some more of that done before I head out to GDC. Also, I recently joined the Age of Aincrad team! It is a really big project setting out to create a game inspired by the popular Sword Art Online anime. To find out more about it be sure to check out facebook or their forums.

Whew, lots happening recently. I look forward to seeing where all these projects go though!


No comments:

Post a Comment