Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Alright, still pretty busy despite finishing that contest game (could still use some votes! http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/235#.VcohgflFauQ). I know I said I would do a preview of a game in progress, but on consulting with the team they said it was a bit too rough to do that right now. We did purchase an asset pack and I was able to look at an interesting way to do textures, which resulted in more detail:
Unfortunately this meant I needed to redo this set of textures/uv maps. But it was probably worth it haha, still a matter of trial and error for me to get the right amount of detail in a large model like a house. Basically this went from 3 maps to 7.

As for my other project we have a nice simple deer that only took about 8 hours all told.
Keep in mind this is meant to be a cartoony simplistic style. Which means no sculpting or normal maps. The hardest part was probably getting the antlers to look decent. Onward to more models and textures this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment