Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Well time for another update! First up is a character concept I have been working on:

some various techniques at work here including projection mapping and my usual method of overlays and just trying to get a semi realistic look. No normal maps yet, but not bad so far.

next up is the beetles for my other project:
The 1st picture came out a bit better overall... I think the second beetle has too many colors which makes it look a little odd. More refining probably in order but we will see what the team says.

I prefer a less realistic style overall, but it is great to be learning about both at the same time with these projects. I definitely recommend a less realistic style for most initial indie projects based on my experience so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment