Wednesday, May 25, 2016

more props and a building

Things are still moving along pretty slowly, but I have got to the point where I can model and texture a prop within a day pretty easily which is nice. Here are some examples:
It took me awhile to find a good wood texture. For whatever reason getting a good image of all the detail wood has seems difficult and even with a texture site like CGtextures a lot of detail seems pretty fuzzy. After I find a good texture it is pretty easy to modify it and add details I need.

The other model I created was a building:
I am not sure if I am completely satisfied with the stone texture. Still, I think it came out pretty well for the style we are going for.

My own project is still getting put to the side while I think about some of the details a bit more and work on these models. It is quite a trick balancing play and productive work when all you have is yourself saying certain things need to get done! It is like a shoulder angel scenario, the good one is saying: Hey we need to do this model or learn this for our game creation! The bad one is like: nah man, play another game of league or do something in BDO, can always work on more stuff tomorrow. I have come to realize that the games are a good thing, as long as I don't let them take over entirely; they give some good ideas and references for my own games in addition to providing a social outlet in a very unsocial workplace setup.



1 comment:

  1. wish you could build real furniture like that for the house

    ReplyDelete