Thursday, July 20, 2017

New main char for my game!

It was long overdo but I decided to go with a more stylized anime like character rather than the makehuman base I had. It also gives me a lot more sense of ownership over the model since I created it from a single cube hah. You would think a cartoony char would be a bit easier than realistic which I suppose is the case because I don't have to sculpt as much but getting the look right was pretty rough.
Here is the sketchfab link:
Mira, adventuring half demon!

For those who just want the quick preview here is an image of her in blender:
Came out pretty good. Still room for some improvements but a lot better than the old char I had.
Unfortunately I will have to make monsters in a similar style hah.

As for the process of this work I actually made the references with screen shots of a black desert character (front side back) to sort of get the form right. I also followed this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xuf6ODN_xY&list=PLvgIVNDU-Dxjb3eukDF5W0l0-6ShO9OiM

 Takes you through building a character like this from start to finish and I found it very helpful so drop em a like somewhere! This combined with my current blender skills allowed me to create my own character.

Anyways that is most of what I have been up to the last couple weeks, watching videos and creating this. Game is still progressing though not quite ready for a serious demo yet, stay tuned though might be just a couple more weeks, really depends on coding progress and some art polishing!

See you again with another update relatively soon I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment