Friday, February 24, 2012

Moving on to module 4! It appears this module focuses on the sprite sheets. While the last focused on model sheets like this one:

It could use a bit more polish, but was my overall best. I think I will try and make this one portfolio worthy over the weekend and then move on to refining the sprite sheets.

So far here is what I have for a sprite sheet:
The black and red are the enemy troops while the grey/cyan are player troops. From top to bottom the animations for said sprites are: Idle, right foot, left foot, ready to attack, attack, death. I uploaded these to adobe aftereffects to test out animating the sprites with these poses. The right and left foot alternating can make a walk animation, while the others are poses for actions or events in the game. I look forward to seeing how I can improve these with the resources mentioned in module 4. So next week I get to work with animating in flash and plan to submit a swf file by the end of the week.

Whew big update, moving forward with things though and I am starting to think of features that will make my game idea unique and fun. Time to kick back and enjoy the weekend for now though!

No comments:

Post a Comment