Thursday, February 9, 2012


Introduction:

I decided to enroll in Westwoods Android workshop. As it started up I hammered out an idea, I wanted to take the best aspects I remember from some classic games and combine them to make a unique fast paced fantasy RTS. While I know there are already some big names for that genre, I figured it would be a good experience to try my hand at designing one for myself. I reviewed some of my favorite games like Ogre Battle March of the Black queen, and Brigandine to get an idea of what I wanted to do. I then drew up a game design document to detail the game. In essence I liked the two games mentioned earlier, but I wanted a more streamlined combat system with the same basic concept: defeat the enemy army, take their castle, advance the story.
After a bit of looking I found a programmer to help me implement my design and took it from there. I created sprites and the initial map in Photoshop. I also worked out an intro screen... I tried a bit of voice acting but my partner kindly informed me that while I was trying for evil and menacing I didn't succeed lol.

Some initial art for the concept is below:

No comments:

Post a Comment