Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It starts with a single game

Alright, been a bit since my last post, here is what has been happening: Tried to get feedback on my game and didn't have a whole lot of luck; though I did get suggestions that I successfully implemented. It has been an adventure optimizing and updating the APK to have no issues with google play but looks like everything is set. I can't say it has been a successful project, but I did learn a lot and it is a game out there which is farther than I ever went before. The first time I attempted to launch a game on the app store it was a few years back and it never got past a prototype stage (a lot of that due to a programmer bailing on the project and me not being in the right state of mind to learn programming at the time).

So in short it seems the game is a success and failure at the same time. For me personally it is a big success, but in terms of the world at large not so much hah! I did upgrade it to production recently, and had to change the name due to an issue. You can find it here: Sundered Arvana
please click on some ads if you get the chance!

After I finished that journey I decided it was high time I learned Blender. It may not be industry standard, but it just fits my needs as an indie dev on a budget  better. I tackled a heck of a first project for it though: Goddess statue
I am fairly happy with the progress, and have since started work on textures.

Future plans are probably to focus more on my own personal projects/learning until I see more progress from the people I am working with. It seems working with people who have a lot of other stuff going on is a lot of stop and go in terms of game development progress. It gets a bit disheartening to toss hundreds of models at a project and see not a whole lot in terms of an actual game. Ah well time to put this book to a close, stay tuned for more on the journey to becoming a pro game developer/3D artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment