Friday, November 11, 2016

Work updates

These last couple weeks I have been working on quite a few things 3D model wise. I have gotten a lot faster and actually managed to get ahead of my work for the most part now. There are still a few items on the backlog, but I am going to wait on those and work on some programming courses in the meantime. What I want most of all is just to see more prototyping of the games I am working on. I know it can't be that hard because I have been learning how to code stuff and I can get at least some sort of playable game fairly quick... I think these teams focus too much on making really high quality work and just get nothing done because of it. Yeah quality is important, but getting something playable even if it fails or looks a bit rough around the edges will teach you a lot. If the base game is good support should be pretty easy to get. Anyways enough of my rambling and on to work screens! I took these in unity just as import tests... some other random buildings there too:
this is a old wood cabin model with some furniture. Worked with blender and Quixel to set it all up. Quixel workflow is actually pretty nice to let you know where everything is with color codes and also has a good library of textures to apply. Even has a normal map creator! I do not regret learning this program so far!
rocks, stumps, hospital sign. These will help fill out some scenes. They are in front of a church model that is still in progress.
some docks that finally got textured. For AoA, so the textures are supposed to be a bit less realistic here. We even got some ships to put around it! For more updates or screens of that game just go check out the Age of Aincrad forums or facebook page.

See you again in a couple weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment