Monday, December 8, 2014

While working on that project for Infinite Death I mentioned I also wanted to spend some time looking at coding and making a quick game of my own. 4 hours later I have something like this:
Which basically sets up the character so that it moves via WASD (which is how I usually prefer to move in games). It is using an animation from an old unfinished game for now, and when it stops an idle animation faces whichever direction it stopped at.

I suppose I am getting ahead of myself though. The game concept is basically dungeon crawler, and I am just looking to demo some levels to see how it would play. Eventually I would love to see it develop into some sort of MMO, but one step at a time.

I have found quite a few game maker tutorials to be quite helpful, and coding is a lot more flexible than drag and drop; though I am sure my code will be messy and inefficient for a first try haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment