Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Ah the holidays, a time of chaos, confusion, friends and distant relations all gathering in one place. Due to these various distractions it is difficult to get much work done hah. Anyways this week I mainly fiddled around with creating a way to spawn a boss mob. In this instance I decided to have the player gather three tablets and spawn a boss.

It was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. It was just a matter of setting up some global variables and then having them be set to true when a tablet is collected. An and statement then checks to see if all the variables are true in a step event and then spawns a boss if they are. The boss then destroys the invisible object that spawned it to prevent more bosses from spawning.

However, the boss location is yet to be determined. I could have it spawn in the dungeon and seek out the player or have the player see out its room. Or I could have the player move to a room dedicated to the boss upon collecting the tablets. Even that option has me asking if I should place an object for the player to touch to go to that room or just have them warp there after collecting the tablets.

I suppose I am getting ahead of myself though, first I need to make a boss that is somewhat interesting to fight. Some sort of golem that tosses rocks around, perhaps it bounces the player back upon contact as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment