Friday, March 27, 2015

Practicing textures

It was brought to my attention that I just might be doing texturing wrong, or at least badly after a meeting for one of my projects. Now, this is partly due to me still working on my skills in this area, and partly due to no one really giving me a whole lot of instruction as to what they wanted. For example, they said model a house as one object, so I did; however, putting everything that goes into a house on one texture map was apparently not part of the plan. So I listened to what they had to say and have been watching a set of videos they reccomended. Still working on finishing the set, but already learned some neat tricks.

Anyways, here are the results of following the videos so far for texturing:


Basically the videos walk you through modeling the thing and even unwrapping and some texture work. However, I still modeled the object and everything on my own. The videos were sort of an instruction booklet for putting something together from scratch.

Anyways, going to finish this set of tutorials and hopefully get back to some project progress soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment