Monday, March 12, 2012

Hm it seems we are moving to another workshop, but keeping all the progress we made in this one. I welcome more time to work on the game though! As it stands I have just turned in module 6 and hope to move on to 7. A new workshop will give more time to add some of those little extras I have tacked on the end of my game design document!

Progress to date for the game:
Most of the assets for the first level and introduction screen are done. We have road tiles, trees, an enemy castle, a friendly castle, and the basic troop frames done.

On the programming side of things we have some basic AI up and running, troops move towards bases and charge enemies if they get within a certain range. Next up is getting them to fight to the death in certain situations.

All in all things are moving along nicely, but we still have a ways to go. We need more maps and sounds, possibly some more units (extras). I put an initial guess at the game being around eight levels.

Hope to see some other students accompany me to the next workshop, and for others reading this I hope my ramblings help in some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment